The paraffin-embedding and section are the most widely used methods in morphological research. It is mainly used to observe the morphological structure and pathological changes of tissues and cells. Our company provide a series of service about paraffin wax, section and staining, including sampling, fixation, dehydration, xylene transparent, paraffin wire, embedding, slicing and staining.
1.Tissue fixation:Dissect tissue as fast as possible, then immerse in fixative immediately. Trim tissue sample appropriately in chemical hood after fixation (at least 24 hours).
2. Dehydration and paraffin infiltration:
100% alcohol I--0.5h
100% alcohol II--0.5h
Alcohol and Xylene mix--5 to 10 min
Xylene I--5 to 10 min
Xylene II--5 to 10 min
Paraffin (65°C) I--1h
Paraffin (65°C) II--1h
Paraffin (65°C) III--1h
3. Embedding: Process tissue sample in melted paraffin in cassettes. Adjust sample to desired orientation according to client’s request and label it. Freeze at -20°C until paraffin solidification complete. Take out paraffin block and trim accordingly.
1. Fresh tissue needs to be collected quickly: after the body dies, the target tissue needs to be cut quickly and put into the fixed solution. When cutting the tissue, the forceps should be avoided to press hard, and the drawn knife should be used to drag the tissue back and forth.
2. Fresh tissue materials should be accurate: as accurately as possible to the target area to be observed.
3. Tissue material size: generally, the thickness of fresh tissue should not exceed 1cm when cutting.
4. Fixed container and fixed solution volume: the tissue is completely immersed in the fixed liquid, and the inverted container can move freely in the fixed liquid without sticking to the wall.
5. Fixed solution choice: animal tissues usually choose 4% paraformaldehyde, plant tissue usually choose FAA fixed solution, eyeball tissues may give preference to choose FAS eyeball fixed liquid of Servicebio INC, muscle tissue can choose environmental protection GD fixed of Servicebio INC. We do not recommended acidic fixative solutions such as Bouin's , which have an effect on nuclear coloring.
Servicebio use MAS-GP type slide which is applied for IHC,IF and some special staining. It can prevent tissue fall from slide very well.